Linslade Lower School will be marking its centenary with a week of celebrations at the end of the month.
Taking place between September 30 and October 4, there are a number of exciting activities planned, including experiencing school life 100 years ago, mural and mosaic making, making a time capsule and finding out about the history of the school.
There will also be an open morning on October 4 for past staff and pupils to visit school.
Co headteacher Hazel Farlam said: “We are looking forward to the event with a great deal of excitement. We are hoping that past pupils may be able to dig out pictures and artefacts of their time at Linslade Lower or write or email us with their memories.
“In this way we will be able to develop our archive for the future. The open day is on October 4 from 9.15am until 12noon. Past staff and governors are also invited to share in the celebration.
“Children and governors will be available to give tours of the school through the morning. Our PTA will be serving refreshments and a cake in the shape of 100!”
Take your pictures/artefacts along to the school in Leopold Road or email information to email@example.com.
> The school opened in 1913 as a Boys’ Council School for boys aged between seven and 14 years old. This was housed in the oldest building which is visible from Leopold Road.
In 1948 an extra building, known as a HORSA (means Hutting Operation for the Raising of the School-leaving Age) was built and the school became a secondary school for girls and boys aged from 11 to 14 years old.
In 1961 infants and junior aged children moved from Stoke Road Junior School to Linslade County Primary School. A large building project was undertaken and the current main school building was used to teach children from five to 11 years of age.
In 1972 the school changed its name to Linslade Lower School and took children from five to nine years olds. In 1984 the nursery opened and offered places to children from three years old.
The current Early Years Foundation Stage (aged three to five years old) are taught in the original building with the children aged from five to nine years old in the larger 1961 part of the school.