Crew turns out to kitchen fire

editorial image

Leighton Buzzard firefighters were called to a kitchen fire in Millstream Way on Saturday morning.

A crew was alerted by an automatic fire alarm just before midday. The fire was caused by cooking and was out on arrival.

There were several kitchen fires in Bedfordshire on Saturday, leading the fire service to urge people not to leave cooking unattended, to turn off the hob when finished cooking, not to cook after drinking and to fit a smoke alarm to alert occupants if a fire breaks out.

If you have an extractor fan you should clean it regularly to prevent grease and other flammable material building up which can catch fire.