Fire devastates Leighton Buzzard home

news
news
0
Have your say

Three people have been taken to hospital suffering effects of smoke inhalation after a fire devastated a home in the early hours of the morning.

Beds Fire and rescue Service received the called at 1.24am of a fire at the detatched house in Hydrus Drive, Leighton Buzzard.

Emergency service arrived around ten minutes later, with the blaze already “well alight.”

A spokesman for Beds Fire and Rescue Service said: “There was three people in the house and they escaped by a first floor window and then a neighbour helped them.”

He added: “The three were taken to hospital suffering effects of smoke inhalation. They were alerted to the fire by a smoke alarm.”

The first floor of the house was destroyed, with 100% damage by fire. The ground floor suffered 50% fire damage.