DCSIMG

Children evacuate school after workman causes gas leak

News

News

  • by Rosemary Jolly
 

Pupils at a Leighton Buzzard school were forced to evacuate the site after a workman punctured a gas line in the ground– causing a leak.

Mary Bassett Lower pupils waited on the playground for half an hour while two fire crews made the scene safe.

Shortly after the leak was sealed and isolated.

The scene was then handed to gas workers and the children were allowed to return to their lessons.

Beds Fire & Rescue confirmed that a workman had punctured a low pressure gas line in the ground while preparing for a new portacabin.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

X scottish independence image

Keep up-to-date with all the latest Referendum news