DJ Dave Lee Travis appeared in court on Friday to face 11 counts of indecent assault and one of sexual assault.
The 68-year-old from Mentmore spoke only to confirm his name and that he understood his bail conditions at the 20-minute preliminary hearing at the Old Bailey.
He has indicated that he will plead not guilty to the charges, which are said to have taken place between 1977 and 2007 against nine alleged victims aged between 15 and 29.
Travis has denied any wrongdoing since he was first arrested on suspicion of sexual offences in November last year.
His lawyer, Stephen Vullo, told the court that he would prefer a trial to begin as soon as possible.
He was released on bail on condition that he lives at his home and does not contact the alleged victims.
Mr Justice Sweeney adjourned the case for a plea and case management hearing on October 21 and fixed a trial date for March 4 next year. The trial is expected to last four to five weeks.
Travis was charged last month as part of Operation Yewtree, the police investigation prompted by the Jimmy Savile abuse scandal, but the accusations against Travis have no connection to Savile.