Early hours fire ruins Houghton Regis home

editorial image

A roof fire in the early hours of the morning left a Houghton Regis home completely damaged.

Beds Fire and Rescue Service were called to the bungalow at Roman Gardens at 1.22am this morning.

When firefighters arrived minutes later they found a fire in the loft space.

The fire was extinguished by 2.32am and caused fire damage to a quarter of the roof, while heat and smoke damaged the entire house. Firefighters worked to clear smoke from the property and worked on salvaging operations at the bungalow until 4am.

The fire is believed to have been caused accidentally by an electrical fault. The incident was closed just after 4am.