Protestors who had spent over a year lobbying against the latest proposals at Valley Farm weren’t the only ones celebrating after last Wednesday’s announcement.
South West Bedfordshire MP Andrew Selous said he was very satisfied at the ruling by Aylesbury Vale District Council to refuse 300 homes on the site. He said: “I am delighted at this decision and that the overwhelming views of the people of Linslade have been listened to. I hope there will be no further planning applications on this site.
“Central Bedfordshire Council already has plans to meet housing needs elsewhere within Central Bedfordshire.”
Mr Selous had been one of the most vocal critics of the plans by Paul Newman Homes to build west of Linslade, calling it “outrageous” and he’d said “it seems to be the housing application that refuses to die” following the announcement of the submission of new plans in November 2014.
Mr Selous had previously opposed other proposed developments at the Valley Farm site, including the 2012 application for 900 homes to be built.