Crews called to fire in third floor Leighton flat

editorial image

Bedfordshire Fire Service were called to a kitchen fire at Eagle Close, Leighton Buzzard on Sunday, July 3 at 11.49am.

When firefighters from Leighton Buzzard and Dunstable Community Fire Stations arrived they found a fire in the kitchen of third floor flat.

Wearing breathing apparatus to protect themselves against smoke and fumes firefighters used two fire hoses and a safety jet to extinguish the blaze. They then used positive pressure ventilation to clear smoke from the property. The fire left the property 100% smoke logged and caused 20%damage to the kitchen. There were no casualties and the fire started accidentally.