The photo top left is of the view along Waldeck Road in Bury Park, taken from its junction with Bury Park Road.
A Luton News cameraman was sent there after the road was closed while the railway bridge over it was reconstructed in October 1964.
Do readers remember the two shops on the left, one of which is R. Warwick’s?
Leighton's Stephenson brothers are in terrific form on the golf course
Leighton United girls take on Finnish counterparts
Leighton Town boss Lee Bircham left hot but happy after London Colney win
Youngster Ed Stephenson takes Leighton Buzzard Golf Club title once again
TK Maxx launches free gift card giveaway to celebrate summer of Great British Sport
The colour photo bottom left was taken from the same spot this week.
The photo top right was captured in September 1953, looking down Waldeck Road from the other side of the bridge.
When the bridge was replaced 11 years later, the road was widened to allow two lanes of traffic.
The two billboard advertisements on either side of the bridge, for Surf washing powder and Gold Flake tobacco, will be familiar to readers of a certain age.
This week’s view from the same place, bottom right, shows that the houses on the right are similar in appearance to nearly 60 years ago.